(2 Days) More Dates Coming Soon
£749 + VAT per person
Project Management Principles & Practices
Overview This course demystifies project management using plain English and practical techniques, the course content focuses on why project management is important, the key skills needed by a project manager and addresses the wider areas that PM tools such as PRINCE2 don’t cover, enabling successful participants to: Deliver successful projects. Understand the essential concepts, practice and soft skills required of the project manager.
What will I learn? Independent of project management methodologies this programme addresses the wider skills and capabilities required of project managers, this programme:
- Can be delivered as a standard course or tailored to individual organisations to reflect their current practices and structures.
- Is delivered by subject matter experts and draws upon industry best practice from a variety of market sectors.
- Is interactive, combining lecture based learning, practical exercises, case studies and peer level discussion.
- Is supported by a comprehensive workbook, which acts as a reference for participants who complete the programme.
What will the training cover? This programme explores in detail the critical areas of project management focus in order to assure project success. On completion of this programme participants will have examined:
- The roles and responsibilities of the project manager and other key players
- Project life cycles and key approval points
- Widely used financial concepts in project evaluation and appraisal: cash flow, payback period, net present value
- Planning a work breakdown structure
- Project goals and scope
- Creating and controlling the work specifications
- Identifying and managing the ‘critical path’
- Creating budgets and resource requirement schedules
- Project risk classification
- The earned value concept
- Trend monitoring techniques that give early warnings for project failure
- Project handover and sign-off
Is this right for me? This course has been designed for individuals and managers who are new to project management or who would like to formalise their skills in this area.
Duration: 2 days